Enter 1 image/video for $5 or enter a total of 5 images/videos for $25. For every 5 submissions you will receive a refund of $25 on your conference registration. This refund will be credited to you after our registration deadline of August 31st, 2020. There is no limit to the number of entries. The refund is only good for every fifth submission.
$5 for 1 entry
$25 for 5 entries and a $25 refund on your conference registration
Deadline for submissions is April 30, 2020.
The Food Photo Affair exhibition features 15 themed categories. Participants are not required to attend the exhibition in order to enter or collect an award. Photographs entered must not contain obscene, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable content. Entries deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
The 2020 Food Photo Affair Photography & Styling Exhibition is open to anyone working in the food world with interest in photography and styling. If you submit work, you must have permission to use, and grant the rights to, all content in the submission.
All finalists within the exhibition (Best Exhibition Award, First or Second place, Honorable Mention) must grant Food Photo Affair a nonexclusive license to use the image in connection with the current exhibition or the following year’s exhibition to promote Food Photo Affair. Food Photo Affair will not use the image for any other purpose without written permission. All who submit images retain all rights to any image submitted, including ownership if applicable.
As a condition of this permission, Food Photo Affair agrees to credit all images with the caption “© Copyright Holder’s Name.”
How To Enter
and Acceptable Formats
To enter an image in the competition, please fill out the online submission form here. You may enter as many images as you would like.
If you have questions about entering the contest, please send an email to:
- 72dpi resolution
- RGB color space preferred
- Longest edge must be no more than 1400 pixels
- No Photoshop layered files
- JPEG format
- Less than 3MB file size
Finalists will be asked to submit a high-resolution file of at least 300dpi at 16×20 inches.
To avoid errors, use only numeric characters. Do not use punctuation or special characters such as: ! @ # $ % ( ) ” –
Judging and Jury
The jury includes a chairperson responsible for maintaining the integrity of the judging process, ensuring deliberations are conducted in accordance with the highest standards and that all jury members are fully involved in the judging process. The chairperson does not contribute to debate on the merits of any entry and has no vote in the balloting.
Procedures have been established to ensure a fair judging process. These procedures are meticulously adhered to and include the following:
- No jury member can enter the contest in the year they are judging.
- All proceedings and deliberations of each jury are conducted in confidence.
- Jurors are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement to ensure they do not reveal any details of the deliberations or the identity of winners prior to the public announcement. This means jurors cannot discuss any aspect of the entries, debates, or decisions both during the process and after the announcement of the results with anyone other than a fellow juror.
- All entries are coded, with identifying information removed from the pictures so the work is judged anonymously. At no stage in the process - and in no discussion either in or outside the judging process - should jury members speculate on or reveal any names of participating photographers or stylists.
- In all categories, juries must award a first place, a second place, and an honorable mention. Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition and artistic merit.
- The jury must award the 2020 Best in Exhibition Award.
All Food Photo Affair contest categories are open for interpretation. We’re looking for your creativity. For example, a “plate” could be fine china, or it could be a banana leaf, a slab of wood, etc. For our “Spicy” category, you could present a drink, a dessert, a savory dish—it’s up to you. And if you have a story that goes along with your image—all the better!
FOOD PHOTO AFFAIR CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
OPEN TO GLOBAL RESIDENTS WHO ARE EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD (18) YEARS AND OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The FoodPhotoAffair Exhibition (“Contest”) is sponsored by Food Photo Affair, LLC, 521 Russell Street, Covington, KY 41011 (“Sponsor”).
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest December 20, 2019at 12:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends on April 30, 2020, at 11:59:59 PM CT (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is offered only to people who are eighteen (18) years and older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, any independent third-party administrator (“Administrator”), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Contest (“Contest Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Jurors for the contest are not eligible to submit an Entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements, and enters the Contest, agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Contest. For purposes of the Contest, an entrant’s residential address and e-mail address will be the physical address and e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Entrants will not be allowed to change their physical address or e-mail address. Each entrant may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Visit www.foodphotoaffair.com (“Website”) and follow the online instructions to upload a photo of “photographic imagery depicting food” (an “Entry”). All entries must be received and recorded during the Contest Period. No other forms of entry are valid.
If the Entry contains additional people other than only the entrant, please note that the one (1) person submitting the Entry will be considered the entrant and only the entrant is eligible to win a prize. No other person in the photo is eligible to receive a prize. Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are liable for any disputes arising from or related to the Contest in this regard.
Entries will be judged for all prizes. See Rule #6 for Judging Criteria. Limit one (1) Entry per person per day. See Rule #4 for additional Entry Guidelines. Entry must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #5) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT:Entries must meet the following requirements:
Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products, or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
Entrant grants Sponsor a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable world-wide license to use the Entry in connection with or to promote the Contest and/or the Website.
Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 18 years of age; (e) contain or reference trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses, or street addresses; (f) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (g) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; or (h) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is your original work, (b) has not received previous awards; and (c) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks, or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to approve or reject any such Entry.
Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein, or on any of Sponsor’s social media assets or Websites, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone, or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be posted on any of Sponsor’s social media assets or Websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and that such Entries are not edited by Sponsor and are the views/opinions of the individual entrant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
5. CONTEST JUDGING:Entries will be judged by an independent panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”). The Judging Criteria includes: (a) Originality (25%); (b) Technical Merit (lighting, focal points, etc.) (25%); (c)Composition (25%); and, (d) Artistic Merit (25%). See Rule #6 for Prize details. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by a new Panel based on the Judging Criteria stated above until the tie is broken. The decisions of the Panel are final in all aspects of the Contest. The entries receiving the three highest scores will be deemed potential winners pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Three (3) Prizes will be available in the Contest:
Best of Exhibition Prize ($2,500.00)
First Place Prize ($500.00)
Second Place Prize ($250.00)
If the winner is unwilling, for any reason, to receive the prize as described herein and in accordance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited in its entirety.
Prize Limit: Limit one prize per entrant.
General prize conditions: Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable. Each winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses associated with a Prize not stated in these Official Rules. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a Prize or does not properly redeem a Prize, the Prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:Sponsor’s designee will send each potential Prize winner an email notification to the email address provided at registration with instructions on how to claim a Prize. Each Prize winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within ten (10) calendar days from the date of attempted notification or the Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents, if required, within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of winner’s right to claim a Prize, and may result in the Prize being awarded to an alternate winner selected at random, if time permits. A potential winner may be subject to a background check before a Prize is awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner based on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a Prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on the Sponsor. Prizes will be paid via check and mailed to the address specified by the entrant within 30 days of receipt of all required documents and completion of any required background check. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for each Grand Prize winner. If a Prize is forfeited for any reason, an alternate potential winner may be randomly selected from all remaining non-winning entries received during the Contest Period, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
General: If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a Prize, the Prize will not be re-awarded. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. WINNERS LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING AND FREIGHT CHARGES.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree the Contest Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable email notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or inaccurate capture of registration information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Website or any Contest-related website(s). Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest and/or accepting a Prize. Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for entries entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device; for any entries in excess of the stated limit; or for entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry in the Contest, entrant’s sole remedy is to enter the Contest again to receive another entry. If for any reason, Sponsor believes the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and/or proceed with the Contest, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Contest, including, but not limited to, any Contest-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Contest; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Contest materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (e) change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Contest; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission entry (including, without limitation, registration information or any parts thereof); (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant; and (j) interruption or inability to access the Contest, the Website or any other Contest-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Contest, including the Website and Prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, therefore some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
9. DISPUTES: This Contest is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Kentucky. If the controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall then be resolved by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its arbitration rules and procedures or subsequent versions thereof (“AAA Rules”). The AAA Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in Kentucky. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in Kentucky. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages or have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, including attorneys’ fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief. Entrants agree that the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Contest Entities and/or any other party shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any demand for arbitration must be filed within one (1) year of the time the cause of action occurred, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
11. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Contest other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected at Sponsor’s sole discretion that an entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple email addresses, multiple identities, proxy servers or like methods, all of that entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, and that entrant may be ineligible to win a Prize. Also, if it is discovered that any entrant attempts to receive additional entries in excess of the stated limitation, that entrant will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address account used to submit such entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Contest may void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules, and Contest details contained in any Contest promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNER’S LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, interested individuals should mail a self- addressed, stamped business-sized envelope in an envelope to:
Food Photo Affair, LLC
700 Scott Street #121332
Covington, KY 41012
Winners list requests must be received by December 1, 2020.
Sponsored by FOOD PHOTO AFFAIR, LLC, 521 Russell Street, Covington, KY 41011. © 2020 Food Photo Affair®, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.